Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

trip to men's facility

Sorry its taken me so long to get the post up, having Lexi kept me really busy and I didn't get a chance to do it. Well, about 3 weeks ago I went to the men's facility in Mo-town and it was a good visit. I was expecting we'd go into a side room somewhere and that there would be some men and dogs and that I would do just fine. We ended up going into the facility and walking through this courtyard like opening in the middle of the facility and there were men EVERYWHERE. They were in front of me, behind me, to my left, and to my right and I wanted to curl up in a ball and make them all go away. Luckily I had taken half of a tab of my anti-anxiety medicine, because I didn't know what it was going to be like, and so I didn't totally freak out. It wasn't just the medicine that helped me though, I also used the grounding technique Doc taught me. Once we got back into the room with the trainers and dogs I was able to breathe again. They had to take a test, so the tables turned and I got to watch them sweat. :) Just kidding, but they did have to take a test. I'm looking forward to my next visit, I don't want to make the walk through, but I'll do it just to show everyone I really am getting better!