Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The 6th

Two days ago I went to the prison for my visit. I had a great time. There were three new ladies, so I got to meet them. We talked about our ah-ha moments and mine just happened about a month ago. I was at my therapists and we were talking about how I thought the abuse was my fault. She explained to me that I was just a child and there was nothing I could of said or done to deserve that and it finally clicked that it wasn't my fault, I didn't cause it. That has really taken a load off my shoulders b/c all this time I thought it was me. Its so freeing to know that it wasn't. After we finished up team talk Heidi had to meet with a couple of the ladies so I got to pet some of the dogs. Hayden is getting huge, I think they said she weighs 76 lbs now, shes beautiful. I love how she just plops her head down on my lap. Looking forward to my next visit.